It’s not unusual to experience a range of powerful emotions around your MS, especially at the time of diagnosis. In this information sheet we look at some of the common emotional reactions to diagnosis and life with MS, and how to take care of your emotional wellbeing.
It contains information on these key topics:
- I’m feeling emotional
- Emotional reactions to diagnosis
- Dealing with symptoms
- Concerned about the impact on family
- Apprehension about the future
- Feeling down or anxious
- I’m not thinking straight
- I don’t see myself in the same way
- What can I do to help myself if I’m struggling emotionally?
- Who can I talk to?
- Going forward