Our Life changing: the hopes and fears of the MS community in 2022 report explores the personal experiences of people living with MS in the UK today.
Multiple sclerosis (MS) can impact on every part of a person’s life – from relationships, to work and finance, to the ability to live independently.
In February and March 2022, the MS Trust ran an online survey to understand in more detail how MS impacts upon people’s lives. It discovered:
- MS had impacted the lives of 95% of people who responded to the survey
- 94% have seen a direct impact on their mental health or wellbeing due to their condition
- 88% of respondents have seen a negative impact on their career since diagnosis
- 63% of people who completed the survey admitting to being more reliant on a partner, friend or family member
Despite the impact on people’s lives, many people with MS were not receiving the support they needed. More needs to be done to increase understanding and awareness of MS and the often invisible nature of the symptoms people are living with.
If you or someone you know are struggling with aspects of life as a result of living with MS do get in touch with the MS Trust helpline on 0800 032 38 39 or email@example.com
- Executive summary
- How we ran this survey
- Who responded to our survey
- The impact of multiple sclerosis on people’s lives
- Case study – Johanna
- Case study – Rich
- Case study – Sandra
- Case study – Jayne
- What needs to change?
- Appendix A – List of survey questions
- Appendix B – Analysis of open questions