This report draws on data collected through the GEMSS (Generating Evidence in MS Services) programme, focusing on the value of MS specialist nursing in the UK. The report, whilst having evaluation of MS specialist nursing as its primary objective, has also involved members of the wider multidisciplinary MS team needed by people with MS to help them manage this complex condition.
It contains information on these key topics:
- The GEMSS Teams
- MS specialist nurse caseload and casemix
- MS specialist nurse activity, responsiveness and productivity
- The outcomes of MSSN services
- The economic effectiveness of MSSN services
- Conclusions, challenges and opportunities for MS specialist nursing